Each person (Attendee) who attends the Central District Field Days (Event) agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions and acknowledges that these terms and conditions may be subject to change from time to time at the discretion of Stuff Limited (Stuff) without notice to the Attendee.
Agreement Waiver and Indemnity
1. I declare that I am not aware of any illness, injury, physical disability or impairment which may cause me injury or death during or as a consequence of my attending the Event.
2. The decision to attend the Event is entirely my own and I accept all risks associated with my attending the Event, including but not limited to, loss of life or permanent injury. I agree to accept full responsibility to inform myself and assess all the dangers, hazards and risks of attending the Event, and rely solely on my own assessment of these dangers, hazards and risks before participating in the Event and notwithstanding any decision made by the Event organisers and other persons, corporations and bodies involved, engaged in promoting or staging the Event.
3. I am aware that heavy machinery, vehicles and certain physical competitions will be operating at the Event. To that end, I agree to follow all reasonable health and safety rules, instructions and signage given by Stuff, its staff, volunteers, and / or exhibitors during the Event. I will also attend any health and safety briefings if required.
4. To the fullest extent permitted by law, I release all persons or corporations associated directly or indirectly with the Event from all claims, demands and proceedings arising out of my attending and I hereby indemnify such persons or corporations against all liability, loss or damage arising out of my attending the Event, including any breach of these terms and conditions by me. This liability, loss or damage includes, but is not limited to, the cost to defend or settle any claim, suit, action or proceeding brought against Stuff. This release extends to and includes Stuff and its related bodies corporate, and its respective directors, officers, agents, contractors, employees, promoters, sponsors and volunteers, including medical and paramedical personnel appointed for the Event, the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which the Event or any part of it takes place, any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which the Event or any part of it takes place or which is involved directly or indirectly with the Event in any manner whatsoever. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
5. All conditions and warranties which may be implied by law into these terms and conditions are excluded except to the extent that it would be unlawful to do so.
Event Rules and Regulations
6. I understand that Stuff reserves the right to change or modify any part of the Event including the date or location at any time and from time to time. Details of any such changes will be published via the Event website, Event e-newsletter and/or other means. Stuff will not be responsible for any costs incurred as a result of the Event being modified in accordance with clause 6.
7. I acknowledge that Stuff or its representatives may remove me from the Event area and/or exclude me from entering in the Event (a) if my behaviour is inappropriate, offensive, or abusive, (b) to prevent damage to any property, (c) on medical or health and safety grounds (including to prevent possible harm or injury to myself or any other person), or (d) to prevent or arrest any form of unauthorised marketing, including ambush marketing.
8. Entries may not, without the prior written consent of Stuff, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via online auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services, either by the original purchaser or any subsequent bearer. If an entry is sold or used in breach of this condition, the entry may be cancelled without a refund and the bearer of the entry may be refused admission.
9. I agree to abide by all Event rules, terms and conditions. I understand that I must observe normal traffic rules and obey all directions and instructions given by event officials and the police. The Event organisers reserve the right in their discretion to reject or cancel my attendance at any time, including without limitation for safety or insurance reasons. Stuff will not be obliged to refund any portion of the ticket price in such circumstances.
10. I understand that no roller skates, roller blades, hand cycles, geared vehicles, skateboards, bicycles, scooters or other equipment, structure or accessories that may cause injury will be permitted.
11. I understand that any equipment that may cause injury to myself or any other Attendees is not permitted. Prior approval must be obtained from Stuff if any structure (other than prams or wheelchairs) is intended to be pushed, towed or carried by any Attendee at the Event. Approval can be obtained by contacting Stuff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. I understand that with the exception of guide dogs for the vision impaired, service dogs for medical or disability requirements and working dogs involved in official demonstrations, no dogs are permitted at the Event.
13. I understand that the flying of drones and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) by Attendees without the written authorisation of Stuff is prohibited. Such consent may or may not be granted at Stuff’s sole discretion.
Consent to Medical Assistance
14. I consent to receive such medical aid or preventative treatment which may be deemed advisable in the unfettered direction of Event Medical Officials in the event of any injury, accident or illness to me during my entering in the Event.
15. I consent to the release of my personal information to medical assistance personal and Event organisers in the event of a medical emergency during my attendance at the Event.
Event Entry, Refunds and Promotional Codes
16. I understand that should my contact details change after my ticket purchase is completed it is my responsibility to notify the Event organisers.
17. I understand that entry may be refused if tickets are damaged or defaced in any way, or are not purchased via the Event website.
18. I understand that it may be a condition of entry that a search of person and / or their possessions is required at the time of entry into the venue.
19. I understand that, as a general rule, no refunds will be issued for any ticket purchases, including where the Event is cancelled for any reason.
20. Refunds may, at Stuff’s discretion, be made prior to 5:00pm (NZT) Friday 9th March 2018, where attending the Event is not appropriate due to a medical reason that is supported by a current medical certificate outlining the condition. This refund will be for the ticket price only and will not be made for any additional items purchased, such as event merchandise. Attendees will not be refunded the credit card surcharge fee. 50% of the administration fee will be deducted from this refund.
21. I understand that promotional codes may only be used where an Attendee meets the requirements/ conditions applying to the code, including using the relevant code within the period of validity. Promotional codes cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash and must only be used by the Attendee(s) to whom the relevant code was issued to by Stuff , the event organiser.
22. I understand that Stuff reserves the right to modify, suspend and/or cancel any promotional code(s) at any time without notice to Attendees and that no refunds will be made to Attendees who have access to a promotional code but did not use the code at the time of purchase.
Consent to Media Coverage of Event
23. I consent to the collection, publication and/or use in any form of media whatsoever of my name, image, video, voice, statement or otherwise, (including the publication of my name in any Stuff publication both online and in print and/or on the Event website) for promotional, marketing or other purposes, without payment or compensation.
24. I declare that all the information supplied by me is true and correct.
25. I consent to Stuff entering my personal details into the Event database which will be used for the administration of the Event. Unless indicated otherwise, Stuff may disclose the information provided by you to Stuff to its related bodies corporate and may use the information for future marketing and promotional purposes, including offering products and services of potential interest to you.
28. I understand that I can gain access to my personal information and request that such details be updated if they change in the future by writing to the Privacy Officer c|- Legal, Stuff Limited, PO Box 2595 Wellington.
Cancellation and Rescheduling of Event
29. I understand that Stuff reserves the unfettered right to cancel the Event at any time. Reasons for cancellation may include, but are not limited to, Stuff deciding in its sole discretion cancellation is required due to any sort of dangerous conditions and/or force majeure. In the event of cancellation, there will be no refund of the ticket price and the cancelled Event may not necessarily be re-scheduled.
30. Stuff will not be responsible for any costs incurred as a result of the Event being cancelled or rescheduled in accordance with clause 29.
Central Districts Field Days
Central Districts Field Days - New Zealand's largest regional agricultural event, with over 570 exhibitors and 30,000 visitors over three days.